Monday, September 15, 2014

The Weather's a Changing.....

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THAT CAR HITCH IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is true that I do indeed have the COOOOOLEST familia en todo el mundo!  WOW les amo mucho!  Where in the world did Jennifer find that??  My companion thinks that her family needs one like it!!!! ;)  Wow!!  I just can't get enough of it, that is the best!!! :)

As of St. George!!!  And little mermaid!!!!!!!!!  WHAT!!!!!???  You had better enjoy it for me!!!!! :(  Make sure that you take lots of pictures, and send me some every once in a while....  I have forgotten what my family looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Well as for our week - I think that sky is about to fall here in Juarez!!  IT WAS COLD THIS WEEK!!!!  I even wore a sweater, and a scarf...can you believe it?? (pictures to come) hahaha  Pretty much all day Friday and Saturday it rained and was a little windy!  We are praying that the heat has left and that the sweater scarf season is here!!!  (Ojala que si)  But it was a good week; we saw some more progression with our investigators that we have, but as for new ones!!! - your prayers are needed ;) hahaha  Everyday is an adventure and we are loving it; I think Hermana Anderton thinks I am crazy (surprise) but we really have a lot of fun together!!!!

Let’s start with questions this week!!!

1.       Do you run every morning or just P-Day mornings?
EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Menos los domingos!!!!!!!!!  And we are getting faster (well at least that is what Andy says....)  But hopefully we are not just getting faster, but that we are getting skinnier too!!!!  Wouldn't that be a miracle!!!! ;)

2.       How big is your stake/ward in Juarez?
Our ward is little!!!  But so great!!!  We though, had a ton of people there yesterday!!!  It was 80 and they hadn't seen that in a LONG time!!!  (The members told us to slow down the work, because there isn't enough room in the church house.) hahahah  YEAH RIGHT!!!  ARE THEY CRAZY!!!!!!???????

3.       Ridden the wrong bus lately?
NO THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are Mexicans - did you forget!!!  We now know all the drug dealers and police officers so we find our way around pretty well!

4.       How old are you going to be next month?
Not a teenager anymore? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I told my companion she has to rub my feet for my birthday present...  She said it’s a deal (but we will see if she actually keeps to her promise) hahahaha  But it is a little weird to think about, right??  Your baby isn't such a baby anymore!  She is almost 20 running around in the drug cartel, speaking a different language, and looking more like a Mexican everyday!  (Are you sure I am a Sutton still!????)  hahahahaha

So one little story.... so we are teaching the neighbors of the bishop who are two youth and their mom!  We have a super good relationship with them and they are really seeing miracles in their lives from the gospel!  Especially the youth!  The other day we went to teach them a lesson with Hermana Bencomo (wife of the bishop) and just Ana and Luis were there! (the youth)  So we taught about the “Book of Mormon” and how amazing it was and how the prayer has the most powerful effect!  When Ana stops us and says, you know when you asked me to pray about Jose Smith, well I did!  And I know that he really was a prophet!  I just couldn't reject it!  I felt this overcoming peace all through my body!!!!!!  (ANA IS 11 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!)  Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!  We explained that she was exactly right and that this was her answer!!!!!  She now tells us about everything she doesn't know she prays about and gets an answer!!!  (WHAT AN EXAMPLE RIGHT??? AN 11 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )  She and her brother both came to church yesterday, and are loving it!!!!  But the problem is there mom; she is super Catholic!  But the youth I think are going to hold strong!  And soon enough their mom will want to join in a little more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But Ana really is such an example to me.  Age doesn't matter; God works the same way for all of his children!!!! 
OH also, just an update!!!  Lamar went to a baptism the ward had on Saturday and we had a great lesson about the plan of salvation yesterday with Diana and him!!!!!!!!!  WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEIR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are loving life here in Juarez Mexico!!!!!!!!  Don't worry about us two white girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just make sure you guys are making the best out of every situation.  We are only here in this life once; we have to make the VERY best of it!!  For heaven’s sake, it is the time to prepare to meet God, there is nothing more important than that!!!  I like to ask myself at the end of every day, “do I feel more prepared to return to the presence of God...??”  If not, WELL.... I best work my hinny off tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys with all of my heart and all of my soul!!!!!!!  I miss you, but I have the surest testimony that I am here so that other families can live for eternity just like we will! :)  Keep the smiles going and remember who  you are and who you stand for!!!!!!!!!

Hermana SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTON


No comments:

Post a Comment