Monday, April 21, 2014

A Week in Juarez

How was good old Easter for the Sutton gang?? :)  I hope you celebrated for me, because our activities sadly didn't involve searching for eggs or even eating candy from the Easter bunny :(  For the record... if we did search for eggs here, they would definitely be spicy and have lots of flavor!!!!  Just like everything!!! MMMMHMMMMM :)  I thought I knew what flavor was before my mission ;)  

 But we had a really good week!  I have been here in Juarez with another Hermana ALL week long.  Her name is Hermana Soto (don't be confused... different Hermana)  She also has a problem with her foot so pretty much the President locked us inside for one week....  I bet you can imagine how I took that news ;) haha  But it has turned out pretty good!  We studied all day, cleaned the apartment, and cooked really good food.  I think it turned out as good as it could have been, being inside and not being able to work... but the Lord has a reason for everything!  And I really am grateful for the opportunity that we had to study study study!  I still am in Juarez and I really don't know when I am going back... but sometime this week I think!  I miss Casas Grandes!  And working and talking to people... But I am learning patience!!!!  FINALLY - haha

…. 1 ….  We heard there was an earthquake in central Mexico last week (around Acapulco).  Did you feel anything?

We heard about an earthquake!  SCARY ;)  Sadly or happily no se...  We didn't feel it!  I have always wanted to feel an earthquake, but I think that I can live without it :)

…. 2 ….  What did you end up doing for Easter?  Did you get to go to dinner at someone’s house?

Yesterday was Easter, right??  Well we really didn't do anything that exciting!  We got to leave the house and go to church which was really great!!!! :)  I met a lot of new people - so that was my Easter treat!! (It was sweet spiritually not physically)  CANDY!!!  But it was a good day! 

…. 3 ….  How was your Juarez trip?  Did your last package arrive? 

My trip to Juarez is still ongoing and well it has been just dandy! :)  I have learned a lot!  I think that I am heading back tomorrow or Wednesday!  I think there is another capacitacion here in Juarez on Wednesday and the Presdiente wants me to be here... but who really knows!  You never really know when things are happening in the mission; it changes about 5 times in an hour! haha  But President Derbez did tell me there is as package waiting for me in Casas Grandes... entonces!  I think it is the one!!! :)   Thank you mucho!!  I will keep you posted if it really is the package, or it's from my other family ;)

…. 4 ….  I’m sending another package this week sometime.  Is there anything special you want us to include?

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY - WAIT A SECOND OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you remember Raul whose mom is in my ward!  Well she is heading to Provo tomorrow early in the morning to go to Provo, I think for the graduation of Raul...  FIND HER!!!!!!!!  That way you don't have to pay for it!  Also she can bring anything else you want to send me.... ;')  But really, make sure you find her; she also has a package for you guys from Christmas!!! :) OKAY????  I'm sorry I couldn't send anything else for you; I am in Juarez and thought I would be back in time to give her something, but you kind of just gotta go with the flow!!!  hahaha 

 But that's pretty much all I have for this week!  I am happy and healthy and enjoying the warmer weather!  I know without a shadow of a doubt that everything happens for a reason!  Our Father in Heaven is always looking out for us!  And if we are doing what He asks of us, we will always be guided to where He needs us, and where we can grow the most!!! I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!! :)  Have a fantastic week with all the festivities (Grandpa’s birthday – HAPPY DAY & Eric’s graduation - CONGRATS)!!!!

Hermana Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment