Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm Freezing!!!


I have no idea where to even start....  I´m in Mexico and it is incredible!  It is pretty much what I had imagined when I would have crazy dreams about Mexico (but better!!!!)  The area I am in is called “Estacion” and it is just a little tiny town in the middle of the desert.  There are main stores and like a down town and all that jazz, but a lot of our area is just in the little neighborhood around the big main street you could call it!  MY FAVORITE part of our area is that street; it´s called cinco de mayo (confusing I know) but it is the greatest street I have ever walked down.  I have no idea why but it is just magical ;)  So many people everywhere and all the fun little shops and places to pass by!  I love it.

Hermana Jacobo is the greatest companion I could ever ask for; she is so patient and loving and really obedient and the spirit just radiates from her!  She speaks well... a little bit of English... haha but she is trying to learn and it is fun to teach her new words and make fun of her accent like she does to mine.  It has been really helpful to have her only speak Spanish because it forces me to learn and to better understand!  Because for heaven sakes - I CAN¨T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!!!!!!!  hahaha  but for some reason I still am loving it!  It has been the greatest experience to be able to feel the spirit of the people we are teaching (because I don´t totally understand).  The people in Mexico are ready and I am so excited to be helping them realize that we are here for a reason!

We live in a really small two room house that is owned by a member that lives next door!  It is tiny and everything is broken, but I LOVE IT!  The city has dirt roads everywhere and the houses are really small and really humble, but the people are incredible!!!!  We buy our groceries at a store just like Soriano in Mexico!  (I think that is what it is called) which is normal!  We have been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables which I am loving!  The thing is the eating schedule is really different here...  We eat a pretty big breakfast and then we eat lunch at 2 and then when we get home at 9 or 930 we eat like fruit or something little if we aren´t too exhausted to cook ;)  haha

Our mission president is really nice and his wife too, but we are in an area like 3 hours away from them so I really haven’t gotten to know them very well!  We pretty much are on our own which is fun!  And heavens no, I didn´t tell him I got sick!  I’m a tough Sutton - remember ;)  hahaha

IT IS FREEZING HERE!!!!!!!  I am not even joking; it is as cold as it is there!  Everyone says that we are going to get a little bit of snow in the next couple of days... needless to say I have had to borrow coats and buy tights and a scarf and all that jazz.  I honestly didn´t think it would be like this, but HEY, I love it still!!!!  If you are okay with it, would you put a little bit more money in my account so I can buy some boots and a hat.  I am not going to be able to borrow stuff from the members forever, so I thought I would look around and see if I can find something!!!!

We went to our ward for the first time yesterday and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!  Everyone is so welcoming, and they help yo con my Espanol!  It feels like a family and I am so so so grateful for that, because I miss my amazing family! ;)  I actually got to play the piano in primary because they don´t have a pianist.  It was an awesome experience and was really helpful that they used simple Spanish with the ninos!  haha (I am just like them) well they speak way better than I do... but it´s fun!!!

I want to tell you an amazing miracle we saw this week!  We taught this man named Pedro who is incredible and has been investigating the church for about a month or so, and he loves it so much.  He was having a really hard time not drinking coffee though...  that was the only thing that was keeping him from baptism.  The very first appointment we had with him I shared dad´s story with him (yes in Spanish; it was a miracle!!!) and told him that once you knew the church was true, you were willing to do anything!  I told him how you trusted in the Lord and He made your weaknesses strengths!!!  And then I invited him to be baptized, and he said YES!!!!!!!!   He hasn´t had a sip of coffee since!!!!  Dad your story hasn´t just inspired me!  IT IS CHANGING PEOPLES LIVES!!!!!!!  Miracles are happening every single day, and I know without a doubt in my mind that through Jesucristo the work of salvation is going on! AND we are all a part of it :)

I am so happy family!!!  This is the hardest and greatest thing I have ever done in my whole life!  But it is worth it because the Savior LIVES!!!!!  I love this gospel and the people in Mexico!!!  I am truly blessed!!}

Con Amor,

Hermana Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment