Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Made It!!!


November 26, 2013

Hola familia!!!!

Si, I did make it to the wonderful MEXICO and it is amazing.  I love it here and I am SO excited!  So after I talked to you on the phone we got on a plane and flew to Mexico City where we had a layover for about 3 hours.  But it was fun to be in the airport and to try to understand what everyone around me was saying..... I FAILED ;)  hahaha  Okay I’m only joking, but I have a lot of work to do. 

When we finally arrived in Ciudad Juarez, President Derbez and a few of the Elders where at the airport waiting for us!  We then packed up all of our things and took it to a hotel close by, which was SOOOO nice.  Probably one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.  Then we went over to his house with all of the other Elders and had dinner that Sister Derbez cooked for us (tasty).  We had a little introduction of everyone and then off we went back to the hotel where I had the best nice sleep I have EVER had.  Who knows if it was because I hadn’t slept in 48 hours or that the bed was INCREDIBLE.  No se! ;)  but it was so great.  We woke up and had continental Mexican breakfast and headed to the mission home to meet our new companions and find out where we were headed.

I HAVE THE BEST COMPANION IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!  Her name is Hermana Jacobo, and she is from Guatemala!  She does speak a little bit of English which is so nice.  She really is an answer to my prayers; she is so outgoing and happy and I am excited to get to know her more.

After our meeting this morning, we went on a 4 hour bus ride to my area which is actually in the Colonies.  It’s called Nuevo Casas Grandes.  And from the minute I got here I fell right in love with the environment and the people!  It is great :)  It’s just a little tiny town, but it’s exactly what I need.  I am so excited!  We are having dinner with a member tonight!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  THIS IS REAL!!!  I love it :)  OH and our house is so awesome.  It is tiny and a little sketchy, but I love it!  There are dogs everywhere, so I’m going to have to touch up on my jujitsu! ;)  haha

I just wanted to tell you I am here and happy!!!  LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Sutton      

 p.s.  My p-day is on Monday :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment