Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Ninos Heroes - Hello Big City!!!!

HELLO FAMILIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HOW’S IT GOING IN GOOD OLD UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As for Mexico it is great!  Sounds like I missed a lot of parties this week - make sure Grandma knows I celebrated her birthday here in Mexico for her! hahahaha  Also, make sure she knows that I got a letter from her!  She mentioned in her letter that she didn’t know if I got them or not!  But yes indeed I did.  Also one package from Grandma Carlene!!!  THANK YOU!  I also got a cute group of letters from a few youth from our ward!  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!  I really am the most spoiled missionary in the mission! hahaha  THANK YOU REALLY FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE!!!!!!

THIS WEEK WAS THE BEST IN THE WHOLE MISSION!!!!!!!! (sorry if I have said that before, this week for sure was) haha  I don’t have enough time to even think about all of the amazing miracles and experiences that happened but I am going to try and do a little preview and give you a little hint and of the wonderful work of the Lord!!!! Hmmmmmmm  - where to start.......!!!!!!

On Thursday I headed to Juarez to prepare for the sister training meeting on Friday morning!  It went really well and I am getting better at talking in front of people in Spanish!!!  YAY!  It doesn’t scare me as much as it did at first! hahaha   The meeting went well and we even got to practice exercising - IN SWEATS!!!!!!  I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!  Some of the hermanas were struggling finding things they could do in the morning, so we gave them some ideas and had a lot of fun!!!  I really have learned so much being the sister training; I always have to be on my toes and progressing and being an example for all the hermanas!!  It is a lot of pressure, but I love the challenge!!!!  The mission really is great - so much work and sacrifice!!  But more happiness than you can imagine! 

So we have been working with our ward a ton this month to try and help them get more involved in the work; we have tried everything and we finally decided if we can get them to pray and fast we could see miracles!  So we made cards and talked to everyone - made posters and testified and reminded them and well worked super hard for everything!!  Our ward mission leader came up with a great idea to go and do a special session in the temple with all of the leaders of the ward!  SO.... he talked to President and he said sure!!!!!!!!!  CAN YOU BELIVE IT!!!!!  So on Friday we went and did a session in the temple in Colonia Juarez!!!!!!!!  IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pictures to follow)  My companion was super excited to see Colonia Juarez and well of course to go to the temple!!!!!  IT WAS SO GREAT!!!!!!!  OH HOW I MISS THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!  IF IT WAS THE IDEAL LIFE, I WOULD GO TO THE TEMPLE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

AND ON SATURDAY WAS THE BAPTISM OF SILVIA AND MANUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was incredible and well there wasn’t a dry tear in sight!  I wish I could explain how much they have gone through, and their sacrifices and their desires and the light that they have inside of them.... but words can’t even begin to explain it!!!!  I think I mentioned this last week, but I have never taught anyone like them; they are so willing to change because they trust in the Lord more than anything!  They truly are examples for the world!  I feel honored to be in their lives and for sure they will always be in mine!  During the baptism the bishop shared a few words and then invited them to the activity that the ward is holding this week to go do baptisms for the dead (of course the timing is perfect right) hahahaha  So they are heading to the temple this Wednesday to do the work for the husband of Silvia (the dad of Manuel and the girls)  THEY COULDN’T BE HAPPIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So on Sunday they got the spirit (the Holy Ghost) and then Manuel got the priesthood!  And Wednesday they are headed off to the temple!!!!!!!!!!  THEY ARE SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And looking forward to one year from now going to the temple to be sealed for eternity!!!!  (I gotta start saving so I can come back and go to the sealing!!!!!) 

Silvia shared her testimony in church yesterday and wow, it was so powerful; she was prepared for the Lord and just waiting for this in her life!!!!  I hope that one day you will be able to meet her and her family!  It is her and Manuel that is 12 and Allison who has 5 years and Naeomi that is 2!!!!!!!!!!! (and the missionaries) hahahaha

 I know with all the surety in my heart we were placed in their path for a reason.  I know that the timing of the Lord is perfect and everything happens for a grand reason!  WE HAVE TO TRUST HIM!!!!!!!!!!  I feel honored to be in the service of the Lord and be an instrument in His hands.  I am growing closer to Him every single day and I encourage you to think about how you are too!  We must get to know Him, so we can recognize Him when He comes!!!!!!

This church is true; the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only place that we can find pure happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT ADVENTURE JUAREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YUP - I GOT TRASFERED TO JUAREZ; TO AN AREA CALLED NIÑOS HEROES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DON’T ASK ME WHERE IT IS OR ANYTHING.....  I HAVE NO IDEA, BUT THE LORD HAS CALLED ME THERE AND I AM SUPER NERVOUS BUT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THE NEW ADVENTURE AND OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GOODBYE SMALL TOWN......... 


HERMANA SUTTON

No comments:

Post a Comment