Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy New House w/ an Oven

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  New cars; aren't you guys super cool!!!!!!!! Where did you get the money to buy those?? ;)  Oh yeah, that's right, I hooked you up with the drug cartel down here in good old Juarez!  You are welcome ;)  But I like them a lot; they look super cool especially the one that is energy efficient!  But Eric also mentioned that you are thinking about selling MY tan truck....  Just remember that you do have another daughter, and she loves you very much!! hahaha  No, I’m just kidding.  I am getting pretty dang good at walking, actually that is all I ever do!  The days that we have meetings are the days that my legs feel weak and really weird!  I think my body is so accustomed to walking it is just part of life!!!  BUT HAPPY NEW CARS!!!

This week was full of crazy stories, getting lost (surprise!), moving into our new house (which is like a 5 star hotel), finding a few more people to teach and just really enjoying the mission and the wonderful blessings that we see every single day!  First things first.... I finally bought some new shoes, so if you see a purchase in my account that would be why...:)  They are super nice and I feel like a new girl! haha  I think I am a terrible companion though, Hermana Anderton got blisters all over her feet and well it took us like 3 days to finally go and buy new ones!  But we are all good and feeling great now!!

So like I said we moved houses this week.  What happened is that we were living with a cute old couple in our Ward for the first week or two.. (like really living with them)  And although it was great to share the kitchen because there were always beans ready to eat, we couldn't live like that!  So we moved into a different house which is right behind a member and it is super nice!!!!  We have a washing machine!!!!!  AND an oven!!!  We feel like we are on cloud nine... well I do; I think my companion thinks all of her houses are going to be this nice... hahahahahahaha :)  But we spent a few days cleaning with the Hermana who owns the house and FINALLY we got to move in.  We still are getting settled but we really like where we are at!!!  Another thing which is super awesome about where we live is it is right around the corner from a nursing home!  IT IS THE BEST! We have made friends there and all the cute old people love when we come by to sing “Nearer my God to Thee!”  The best is one lady that is so so funny!  She has Alzheimer’s and really can't ever remember who we are, but she makes the funniest jokes and always makes us smile!   It reminds me of the good memories that I had at Maple Springs!  But we try to make a stop by every other day or so to see how our “adopted grandparents” are!!!

AHHHHH - This week we were walking down a street and there was a man who was just working on his car.  We said, “Buenas Tardes” and then he replied... "I speak English!!!" and we both turned instantly and smiled!!  At first we thought how does he know we speak English, but then we realized hahahahaha - TWO WHITE GIRLS WALKING AROUND THE STREETS OF JUAREZ!!!!  But he is super cool!  He works in El Paso, which is like 8 minutes from his house in a car, and his wife is from here so they live here!!!  He only speaks English and a little Spanish, so it is PERFECT for us!!!  He lived in the United States a while ago and took the missionary lessons and was preparing for his baptism.... But the elders got transferred so he stopped 2 weeks before his baptism!!!  His wife is a member but who knows what happened, (it just wasn't his time yet...)  BUT it was a miracle to be there and to get to know him!!  We really think he is ready to change and except the gospel!!!  My companion is absolutely ECSTATIC!!!  She said, I finally will be able to understand an investigator!!!  She is super sweet!  But yeah!  I will keep you posted on how everything is going!  But for sure, it is a little hard to teach in English.... I think that is a good sign!!!! ;)

1.       How has the running been going?
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!  Hermana Anderton LOVES running.... she kills me almost every morning!  But I am enjoying it and I feel a lot better during the day!  She is my personal trainer... so hopefully I don't come back fat!!!! ;)

2.       Do you speak Spanish or English when at home?
hahahahaha  WELL..... We speak a lot of Spanish..... But stories are so much cooler in English!!  We are working hard - don't worry!!  What usually happens is I try and speak in English and she laughs at me because my English a really bad... hahaha :)  But she really is getting better at Spanish!!!

3.       What is the capital of Peru? 
LIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.       What have you learned to cook for us?
We are going tomorrow to a sisters house to learn how to make tortillas... so I will keep you posted on that one for the next week!!  I need to learn how to make more...  I am just getting really good at eating!!!!  BUT I LOVE CHILE!!!  Yesterday at lunch, we ate with the other 2 sisters in our Ward (one of them is Mexican...) and no one could finish their pasta because it was super hot... so all of them gave me theirs!!!  (I THINK THAT MEANS I'M MEXICAN!!!!!)

5.       How’s the foot, don’t lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My foot is GREAT!!!  No worries there; I feel good, and it really doesn’t bother me!  But I did buy a new pair of shoes because my other ones died.... hahahaha

But that was our week!!!  It was super good!  Oh yeah, if you want to read about what my comp has to say, I think she has a blog now... you can see both points of views... (hahahaha - funny)  But we are super happy and doing good and loving life!!!  Hermana Anderton is AWESOME!  She is such a blessing for me!  I know that the Lord sent her to me!  Just like He always does, he is looking out for us and showing how much He loves us!  I am so grateful to be here on the mission and experience what true happiness is and help the children of God find the way back to him!  The work is hastening!!!  IT IS THE BEST!!!

I hope you have a great week!!!!  I miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!  The time is going super fast... enjoy the time you have without me... because you will have me for eternity!!!!!!!!! :)

Hermana Sutton


No comments:

Post a Comment