Monday, March 3, 2014

We Move Tomorrow ;)


Hola Familia!!!!!

If you can believe it, we had an even better week than the last one!  I feel so great to be here in the mission and so great to be serving the lord 24/7; it is one blessing I will never forget in all of my life.  It is true when people say the mission will shape the rest of your life, and I know that is true!  I am a completely differente person now than I was a few months ago.  I now understand a little bit more why we are here on the earth and what it means to be a child of GOD!  It is incredible and wow... yeah, just wow!

Sounds like it was a busy week for everyone back home!  Lots of things are happening and changing and it is so fun to hear about it!  I hope everything works out with Emily’s wedding and all the decorating and the fun food!  (Just send some my way)  hahaha  I got her invitation to the wedding and the luncheon and everything, but sadly I think I might be a little late for this one.  Make sure she knows I am sorry!  But I can´t imagine she is tooo sad; she is probably MADLY in love - the world is spinning around her ;)  hahaha  FELICIDADES para toda!  And next week you had better send me some pictures of EVERYTHING!  Food, her, the church, the cake, EVERYTHING! 

   …1…    How have the discussions been with your new family from last week?

YES!  We had another lesson with the Carballo´s and it was just as incredible as the last one!  They are the sweetest family ever.  (side note... they always have a little snack for us too)  The last time we were there the dad said to us... I hope you feel comfortable in our house; if there is anything we can do to help you feel more at home in Mexico, let us know.  THEY ARE GREAT!!!  They really want to learn and to know that this is true, and we are here to help them as much as we can!  But really the goal as missionaries is not to convince anyone that this is true, just to be guides to show them how THEY can find out for themselves and gain a relationship with the Lord :)

    …2…    Have they finished the “remodel” of your apartment yet or are you still in search of a place to live?

 WE MOVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are so excited and everything is ready!!!  La verdad, our other house was well.....  It is good we are moving!!  All part of the experience right??? 

    …3…    How’s your weather?  Is it starting to warm up a little?

Today is freezing, but this week the weather was pretty warm!  The warm weather is coming soon I can feel it, and then I will be wishing for the cold!

    …4…    What really made you smile this week?

To be honest, something that made me smile was, Grandma Carlene sent me a package with a whole bunch of pictures from when I was like 4 and 5 and I was so fat and look so crazy!  My companion thought it  was hilarious!  We had a lot of good laughs with these pictures ;)  But yes, I got all my mail from the past 2 months - I think!!!!  It was like Christmas again!!!   Wow  -THANK YOU TIMES A MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me just take a minute to be preachy okay????  READ THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!!!!!  If you have a question about anything.... READ!  Honestly they are such a blessing that we have in the life!  The Lord doesn´t leave us alone!   He has provided so much help in this life that we might know what path to take & the things that we need to do and how!  READ THEM EVERYDAY - IT IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!  There is power in the word of God, there is guidance and there is peace!!!! :)  My testimony of the scriptures here in the mission has changed so much, they are incredible!  And they have the power to touch even the hardest of hearts! 

I know this church is true!  And I know true happiness comes from living the gospel!!!

Thanks for everything and I am always praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermana Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment