Monday, February 10, 2014

New Food I Tried!


BUENAS TARDES!!!!!!!!!  (Great Spanish mom, you had better study up so we can write only in Spanish) hahaha
 
It sounds like things are going great at home and everyone seems to be enjoying the time without the favorite child there ;)  hahaha  NOT!  But it is good to hear that you are enjoying the little things and working hard!  (don’t work too hard ;)  
 
This week was a little different than most; we weren`t in our area too much.  I spent a lot of time in Dublan (which is like Utah here in Mexico) helping the other Hermanas in their area.  It was great, and I learned a lot!  But it was a good week and it is starting to finally warm up... I hope!  Hermana Jacobo says just enjoy the cold when you can because once summer gets here, you will fall over dead from the heat and you will never sleep!  Hahaha  But I still miss short sleeves!
 
Make sure the ward knows how great they are, how much they mean to me, and how their examples have been priceless in my life!  I know they are such a blessing.  Make sure everyone is practicing their Spanish and reading the scriptures everyday!!!!!!!!
 
So tell me about this wedding?!!  It is coming up super soon - I think... right??  What are the colors and the FOOD (the most important part) and all the details!  I am pretty sure it is wedding season or something.  Trevor Thornton is engaged and so is Kara, and I am pretty sure Mitzi is too! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahaha  I am glad I am in another country  ;)
 
…1…       Are all the roads in your town dirt?  (I noticed in one of your pictures it looks a little like the wild wild west…. :) hahahaha

Wild Wild West is for sure!  Most of the roads are dirt and rocks and lovely for walking!  But a part of our area is a little city too, so the roads are paved....ish!  You always have to watch out for pot holes no matter what road you are on, but I love it!!!!!!!!!! 

…2…       When are transfers and how many sister missionary  groups are in your mission?  (Do you anticipate a change?)

Transfers are on Lunes - I think!  And I bet we are going to get transferred... but who really knows!  I shouldn`t say anything or else I will curse it or something like that.... but all is well.  I just hope that I stay in the Colonies; I am not ready for the big city Juarez ;)  I hear it is a whole different world there. 

…3…       What is the best thing you’ve eaten since you’ve been in Nuevo Casas Grande?  (Do you know how to make it?)

 
I LOVE ALL THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!  And I am not just saying that!  But let me tell you about something disgusting that I ate this week!  One of the elders had heard that I hadn`t tried “Menudo” so he brought it for me to try.  Menudo is cow intestine!  And wow - let`s just say it was a miracle that I could keep it down!  IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GROSS!!!!!!!!!!  Let`s keep our fingers crossed that I won`t have to choke it down at one of the members house :)  EHHHH YUCK!

…4…   Does your mission have a facebook page?
 
I don´t think there is a facebook page, but all the members like facebook so just add everyone that adds me and looks Mexican ;)  hahaha 

This week we had the most amazing opportunity!  We got to go to the temple in Colonial Juarez!  It is the smallest temple in the whole entire world!  And let me just tell you, it really is TINY - but so incredibly beautiful!  It really doesn’t matter the size because the same spirit is there!  It was an activity for the 2 stakes in the colonies to do family history week and then baptisms!  We have been working with the members to find names and it turned out to be really great :)  I LOVE THE TEMPLE SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish I could go there every single day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you get the chance, go do baptisms or just go to the temple and take some time to think!  The spirit there truly is a piece of heaven on this crazy earth we live in!

I love this gospel with all of my heart and soul!  I know that this is the Lord`s work!  He lives and He blesses us every single day, we just have to look for it!  I truly testify with all my heart that God has a plan for all of His children (which is every single person on this earth) SHARE THAT PLAN!  It brings TRUE "joy" into lives!

I love you with all my heart and pray for you daily!

Hermana Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment