Monday, January 5, 2015

HAPPY 2015

THE SHOCK HAS SUNK IN..... 2015 HAS MADE IT; I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT WENT!  BUT THE YEAR STARTED OUT WITH A FEW LITTLE CHANGES!  BUT NONE THE LESS - CIUDAD JUAREZ IS TREATING ME GREAT!!!

So like you all know already we had a little swip-swap of companions!  I now am with Hermana Hernandez (from Puebla: which is a state in Mexico) and Hermana Panta (who is form Peru).  IT IS A PARTY WITH THE 3 OF US!!!!!!!!  They are the hermanas that were working in our ward as well... so I just took my stuff to their house and there we are!  It is a little crazy because we have to work in both of the areas, but it has really helped us to focus of the people who are really willing to learn and to progress in the gospel!  It was a REALLY great week!!!!  I have learned here on the mission (maybe more than anything else) that the Lord guides our lives and blesses us with the good times and the hard times, and everything in between because He LOVES us more than we can imagine!!

Yesterday was one of the days most powerful that I have had in all of my mission.  So as a missionary we work all week long to try and help the investigators commit to come to church and to progress; it pretty much is our test all week long and then we see our results.  This week we did pretty well on the test.  Haha  First of all we had almost all of our investigators who committed to come to church there!  Then the testimony meeting was amazing!  I HOPE YOU REMEMBER WHO IS JUANITA!!!!  (She is the daughter of the Patlan family and has autism.)  So we went to see them this week and she told us that she wanted to share her testimony like her mom did last month!  So we helped her draw pictures to remember what she was going to say and practice a little bit.  When the testimonies started she stood up with a smile, a little hesitation on her face and walked to the podium.  But you could see as she got closer to the podium the light of Christ that entered into her and all the fear was taken away!  SHE SHARED HER TESTIMONY ALL BY HERSELF AND DID AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The power of the spirit was so thick in the sacrament room that you could not make a noise.  Everyone just sat there with tears in their eyes with awwww in the power of a willing heart!!!!!  I could never forget that moment!!!

Also this week, we put a few baptismal dates with our investigators that are SUPER progressing!!!!!!!!  WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are the cutest old couple!!!  I think I mentioned them last week, Rosa and Carlos!!!

1… Have you thought any more about having your dad & I come down there to bring you home after your mission or would you be happier coming home to a “true missionary homecoming” at the airport?

Let’s wait till next fall!!!  FOR THE PATLAN FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…2… What do you do to keep warm? Do you have a heater in your apartment?

I sleep with about 10 blankets, 4 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, 2 hoodies, 2 leggins and my hat and gloves!!!!!!! BUT I AM HAPPY! 

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY!!!!!!!  THERE IS SO MUCH THAT I WANT TO TELL YOU!!!!!  BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND THAT I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING SERVING THE LORD!!!  I HAVE NEVER FELT SO HAPPY IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!  I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THIS IS THE TRUTH......  I KNOW IT!  STAY STRONG!!  REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!  AND LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART!!!  HE WILL BLESS YOU!!!

Have an amazing week!!!  2015 woot woot!!!

Hermana Sutton


1 comment:

  1. Megan, what do you think about your favorite aunt and cousin coming to pick you up?

    ReplyDelete