Monday, January 6, 2014

Great New Year To Come!!!


Hola hola hola familia whom I love so very much and I guess hola to everyone else that is reading this!  (Who knows?  Do I still have friends?)  hahaha - of course I am kidding.

This week was an incredible one, a week full of changes for me spiritually.  And let me just say this change couldn´t make me more happy.  I finally feel like I am here with my whole heart, that I am making a difference and I can UNDERSTAND what people are saying!  haha  My relationship with my Savior has grown so much this week, and I really can´t express my love that I have for him....  But anyways - this week was GREAT! 

How do the Mexican people celebrate New Year’s?

To be honest, everyday is a party for the Mexicans!  haha  So the New Year’s celebration was big and everyone was with family or at bailas or in Juarez...  They drink, a lot, and eat really good food (yay for getting fat) and pretty much no one was home, meaning that our work as missionaries was a little bit more difficult in esta epoca. ;)  But we spent a wonderful night of new years sleeeeeeeeping.  It was wonderful!  It is amazing to think that the entire year of 2014 for me is completely for this wonderful work, and that I don’t have to worry about anything else.  What a blessing to be able to dedicate one whole year (and a half) to the Lord!

You never said anything about your photo book?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PHOTO BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you times a trillion!  I loved every single picture and face and little message, it truly was the BEST present I could have ever gotten for Christmas.  Thank you!  My comp also loved to see everyone!  Thank you mom for taking the time to plan that and getting pictures from everyone; you are so amazing!  But yes... saying I loved the book would be an understatement!!!!

 Are you staying with your same companion for a little longer or do you anticipate transfers coming your way?

Yes, transfers were today and thank goodness we are like the only area that didn´t get transferred!!! :)  The mission is getting more sisters this week!  So thank goodness, I won´t be the young one anymore... hahah (weird to think about right?)  But yes, I hope we will be in Estacion for 6 semanas mas! 

 Have you learned anything interesting, cool or weird about your little city in which you live?  

Hmmmmm I’m not exactly sure to be honest!  I probably should research that a little bit more... but something fun that we found this week was a ZUMBA class!!!  I wanted to go and dance soooo bad.. but my comp didn´t quite go for that idea ; )  It made me a laugh a little bit to think about Zumba dancing with mom and Jennifer in the gym in Bunderson!!!

I have the most incredible miracle story to share with you this week.  This happened a few nights ago... But let me give you some background info first.  So lately in the morning I put a couple packages of skittles in my bag (that you sent me mom) to give to the kids that are selling chicklets and things like that on the street.  So this particular morning I put 3 packages in my bag and off we went for our day.  During the day I passed out ALL the packages of skittles and thought nothing of it right?  Well as we were walking back to our house at the end of the night, the cutest little girl comes walking up to us and asks us if we would like to buy something...  I thought to myself, man!  I wish I had a packages of skittles to give to her.  I knew I had none, but for some reason I still reached into my bag to see what I could find...  And there it was a package of skittles!!!!!!  Just for this little 5 year old girl.  I wish I could explain the light in her eyes as she saw that little packages of skittles.  WHAT A MIRACLE!  I know that God lives, and He is a God of miracles!  And I really don´t know what a packages of skittles meant to this little girl, but I do know that God was watching out for her and what a blessing it was to see the hand of the Lord first hand!  The Lord knows us each individually and you had better believe that He will, and always has, helped His children!  Look for His hand in your lives; I know you can find it.  He is everywhere! (so in other words... thanks for sending the skittles ;)

Oh also, keep an eye open for a little something something coming your way from Mexico! The family that brought the package from Provo´s sobrina goes to school at BYU.  So I may or may not have sent something special  ;) 

I love you for all of my heart!  Whether I am in Mexico or in Brigham City!  Have a great week, and remember God is a God of Miracles!!!!!

HERMANA SUTTON!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment