Monday, February 16, 2015

Miracles - Not Coincidences


MONDAY ALREADY?????  WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!


Just another great week here in Ciudad Juarez Mexico!  Hermana Hernandez and I are loving life and finding some really awesome people who are excited to learn about the gospel!!  I quite possibly say that this week was one of the best I have had in all of my mission!!  To be honest, nothing HUGE happened, but the small and simple miracles are good enough to make this sister happy! :)  Well let’s start off with your questions and then I will ramble about our investigators!

1.                Do you expect a transfer or new companion before you come home?

NAH!!!!!!!!!!! We dont think so, well we are hoping not!! I really hope I finish here in this area, I LOVE NINOS HEROES!!!!

2.                Taken any new trips to Bible Mountain?

Sadly we have not returned... hahaha  It was really cool when we went there but we have been taking our journeys more to El Centro, and exploring!

3.                What is the most exciting thing that happened to you this week?

HMMMMMMMM - THE MOST EXCITING????  I think... well I can’t choose, so I will name some cool things that happened this week!! 

We handed out valentine’s candy to all the kids in the street and on the bus!   We played basketball this morning with the other hermanas.  We found a really cool familia, who are Adventista, trying to find a less active member.  We made a heart shaped cake with an awesome hermana that lives alone for valentine’s day.  We had divisions (exchanges) again with a few other hermanas.  We are now teaching the daughter of the family Patlan!!!  My companion and I are super happy together!   And I made some homemade granola that is to die for!!!  IT WAS A GREAT WEEK!  :):):):)

4.                Do you have top ramen in Mexico?

Yes, of course!! hahaha :)  But usually it has chile in it! ;) - MEXICO STYLE!

 

Okay so let me explain some really incredible things that are happening here in good old Juarez!  So one day we were searching for a family less active that we found in the ward list; we went to the house and no one lived there with that name... so well we did what missionaries do and asked if we could share something with them!  (They are a familiy Adventista - to be honest I have no idea what religion that is in English!) hahaha  But we went in and got to know them a little bit better; it is a mom and dad and their little daughter!  They have always been members of their church, but to be honest they don’t love it or live it.   But they had a lot of questions for us just like everyone does about our church - if we have lots of  wives and pray to Joseph Smith and so on....!!!  (COME ON PEOPLE!) hahaha  But they are a really great family!  But what really connected us is that he is a music teacher and plays a lot of instruments, so we got talking and then singing and then well, we are best friends now! ;) hahaha  The dad commented to us that he doesn’t believe in coincidences and it was a miracle that we were searching for his house!  He said he thought we were there to try and make him a member!!  We just smiled, and he said, I’m not against it!!!!!!!!! :):):):)  The next day we went by and they were waiting for us with sweet rolls and milk and lots more questions!! :)  We are really excited and hope they keep progressing!!! :)

Also, like I said above, we are now teaching the daughter, Rosita, of the Patlan family!  Her husband is also with us, he is a less active but he is super awesome, and is coming back to church!!  He just needed a little push I think! ;)  But Rosita is really awesome too; she has studied with the Jehovah’s Witness a little so she knows a lot of the bible, so she keeps us on our toes to answer all of her questions!  She is a really special daughter of God, and has a lot of desires to improve her relationship with Him, but she likes to be absolutely sure of things before she acts! haha  They have a little daughter who is the cutest thing I have ever seen, every time we walk in the door she yells our names “SUTTON Y NANDEZ”!!!!!!! ;)  She is almost 2 and she talks and repeats about everything that we say; she is really the reason I think that Rosita wants to learn about the church!!

BUT IT WAS A REALLY GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  THE LORD IS BLESSING US FOR OUR OBEDIENCE AND LOVE FOR THE WORK!!!  IT IS TOUGH, I’M NOT GOING TO LIE, BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!  I KNOW THAT I SAY IT EVERY WEEK, BUT I RECIEVE A BIGGER AND BIGGER TESTIMONY EVERYDAY...  I NOW THIS IS THE TRUE CHURCH!!!!!!!!  I KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE POWER OF THE PREISTHOOD TO SAVE THE CHILDREN OF MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND I AM LIVING PROOF OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I love you all, have a great week!!!

HERMANA SUTTON!!!!!!!! (la guerita!)

No comments:

Post a Comment